Saturday, October 15, 2011

Campy McCampertons

Me and my WINNING team, Los Tigrecitos (the little tigers).  We accumulated the most points over the week. I talked a lot of smack to the teachers on the other teams. So much fun!
Every year, my school has a mandatory "outdoor education week" which we just call Camps. I knew about said week before coming down here and was a little apprehensive about it (if you know me at all, you know I'm not super outdoorsy). But, I still bought $100 hiking boots and came with the intention of having fun. And fun was had by all!


I had the honor, nay, the priviledge of being in a cabin with 15 ninth and tenth grade girls. Apart from a cat fight in Spanish over who got to take a shower first that I had to break up, it was a blast. We played "truth or truth" every night and I asked many insightful questions. I know my girlfriends from college know what I'm talking about.


Me after three late nights of "truth or truth"
I was super encouraged and challenged by some of the students' hearts for Christ. Worship time was awesome (I was on projector duty, thanks to my days as a Projector Girl at SGF) and the kids got really into some amazing songs. I am going to continue to pray for revival at this school, but it's good to know that there is some spiritual maturity and leadership in the upper classmen. 


Overall, I was felt very blessed to be a part of this school and these students' lives. I'm glad they got to see me outside of the classroom and not just as the teacher who tells them to "can it" when they're being too loud.


Below is a picture montage of random things throughout the week. Now, I must nap. 


Me and a few of my 10th grade girls. Love them!
A chance to act like an idiot: this is during a skit called "Moving People" where I was a Russian dance instructor, trying to help Scott learn how to dance. The students put us in random poses and we had to improvise our lines.
The whole camp - 7th through 12th grade. I think there were close to 100 of us. And 2 dogs.


There were ample opportunities to make and idiot of myself. Here's one showing: me and the other teachers making a human pyramid and the students threw water balloons at us with a potato launcher. 





Me schooling the kids in Dutch Blitz. That's me with the bandana on my greasy hair.


Missing 3 of my cabin's girls - they were so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment