Saturday, December 3, 2011

25 Days of Christmas

Whether I believe it or not, Christmas is around the corner. The constant, sunny days down here are really messing with my head; I've never worn t-shirts and had fans on in December! But the calendar says December 3rd and it's been a mighty long time since I've posted on here, so I figured I'd write a list of what I'm thankful for this Christmas. Maybe it will help remind me of all of God's blessings and how He's kept me these past few months in Bolivia and take my mind off of not being home for a White Christmas - the song, movie and actual event.

1. Great friends that I've made here that feel like family; God's covenant family is going strong in Cochabamba!
2. Relatively decent health. After that bout with Giardia and Lord knows what else, I've been healthy.
3. Our Saturday market with its amazing veggies, fruits and flowers on the cheap. 
4. Boiled water to keep away the amoebas.
5. My students. I am challenged by them on a daily basis. I love those kids!
6. Friends back home who regularly tell me how they miss me and are praying for me. Thanks, guys :)
7. My apartment is perfect for me. And I'm so glad to have friends a few steps away when I need to cry or laugh or watch a chick flick.
8. Skype. I can't imagine being abroad without it. Nobel Peace Prize to the guy who invented that!
9. My Kindle. It has staved off  many a lonely night (thanks again, Stephanie Hansen!)
10. A washer and drying line close by. 
11. The dog and cat that live at our guest house. I heart pets.
12. Weight loss - 40 pounds and counting!
13. A van that brings me to and from school every day. I can't imagine taking public transportation or having to drive in this city!
14. Letters, cards and packages! You guys have no idea how much it means to me to get mail! And I'm the envy of all the other missionaries here. 
15. That I learned how to cook last year (although it was forced upon me) cause now I can cook for myself. Stop smirking, Michelle. 
16. The admin at my school. After having some not-so-lovely principals in my life, having godly men who are servant-hearted really blesses me.
17. Being able to travel to the jungle (Yungas) over Christmas. Adventure, here we come!
18. Pirated DVDs. No, seriously, they're amazing.
19. Facebook - I love keeping up with all of you and being able to post quick updates on my time down here.
20. That my language seems to be coming along. Praise God, no more crying in my lessons! 
21. A supportive family and a mom that Skypes me whenever she darn well pleases :)
22. The church that I attend and am going to get involved in. Another singles group to help with? Yes, please! 
23. SGF sermons online. I love having Rick, Steve or Jon's voice in my living room while I'm snuggled up with some hot chocolate, my Bible and a notebook. 
24. MY SUPPORT TEAM - both prayer and financial support are so important to me! THANK YOU!!!! 
25. Jesus Christ's birth, death and resurrection. 

Below is one of my favorite, new Christmas songs. Click the link and enjoy!

MeRrY cHrIsTmAs!!!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment